Thursday, October 26, 2017

My Little Guy Holden, Fire Bowl & Missing My Guy


 Halloween typically comes on the usual day of October 31st, but for my little grandson Holden, it came on Saturday October 14th at the campground.
My oldest daughter Rachael searched around on Pinterest (we love that site) for a different kind of costume to make. She didn't want the run-of-the-mill Walmart standby.
This is what she found and made. It took her 9 hours, but well worth it.


He won the trophy for the best costume in his age group (5 year old). All his mother's hard work paid off, and he loved his costume.


One of my friends at the campground is a dog groomer, but she has a passion for crafting. One evening we were all sitting around and she brought over this neat fire bowl she made. I had never seen or heard of one before. She had painted hers with a Mexican/Indian sort of design. There is a can of Real Flame Premium Gel Fireplace Fuel that is down in the center covered by a round piece of screen mesh surrounded by small decorative river rock topped with fire glass. There are decorative red gem stones embedded in the top rim. The bowl itself is made of concrete that she molds. When it dries she seals it, then puts on the base paint using your color choice, then  puts a design on that you want, it is all sealed again. My color choices were to go with my Old American colors of a federal blue-gray base and old gold colored stars. I did not weigh the bowl but I would say it weighs a ton. After all it is made of concrete and the rocks and stone all add to the weight. I ordered it from her and when I went to pick it up she told me it was already paid for....what a surprise!
Thank you Rachael for the early Christmas present. I love it!


I know this is not a very good picture but the round candle holder says:
"In Memory of a Life so Beautifully Lived."


 You don't erase 43 years.
Love and miss you Roger ♥
Susanne

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with that costume. Your daughter did a great job. Sending you a hug as you miss your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mere. She got a lot of nice compliments on the costume. My guess is she will try next year to top this one. We have all lost someone we love and miss daily. It isn't always easy, but best to take one day at a time. That's all we can do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~